Easter Ebullience

We have a new double oven! It's, well, as appliances go--quite pretty:) And it was a very happy accident that my mom found it on Craigslist and sent us the ad. It turned out the owners live only about a 20 minute walk away; I took my dog the other day to come look at the ovens!

They are white, and each on its own is larger than the free standing oven we had in the kitchen before. Plus, now that we've got a good handyman and we bought the unit from a nice family who advertised it in "in perfect working order"--there's a good chance everything will actually work.

In fact, the new guy talked with Mikel at length this afternoon, and the two have devised a plan. Cabinets ripped out of the space will have to be rebuilt, as well as a base for the ovens to sit on. But at least they're here! And maybe by Thanksgiving, when the family looks for a house to accommodate large numbers and large appetites, we will be able to offer space for not only every hungry mouth, but two delicious turkeys for them!

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but with Easter so close, and as it is traditionally a holiday when my family congregates, I'm focusing not on the one I will miss, but the next one I will be able to attend:) Besides, it's always been kind of an "impossible" dream of mine to have a house of my own to host Thanksgiving in. Now the "having a house of my own" part is not impossible, I feel free to dream of hosting a warm, welcoming Thanksgiving--with a charming Irish twist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!