A conundrum

A lot of the house drama being settled, my mind has wandered happily again to wedding issues:) There's an endless parade of things I worry about: linens for the tables, flowers, bridesmaids' dresses, doing the classy thing, making sure it's a good time had by all...and the latest dilemma has to do with that.

What kind of music should I have? Live or DJ? Sure, DJs would play every song we ever wanted, but in this traditional-Irish-song-passionate couple, if we had a really good traditional Celtic band, they would also play every song special to us:)

So what do I do? Does anyone else have any thoughts? As far as the money for it, we could work it out cheaply somehow, so that's not an issue. What matters more to me is that live music would fit more beautifully with the tone of the event, whereas a DJ would be loud and a little corny. I mean seriously, when you yourselves hear a DJ, isn't there at least some part of your memory that flashes back on high school dances and even--dreadfully--on your first, awkward slow dance?

I guess I've answered my own question, kind of. Live music would be nicer. But I'm still more than open to advice! Anybody got an opinion to share? Give me a good reason not to look for a good local Celtic band. I'd be receptive; let's hear it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!