Still Not Quite Visible

Alas, Lovelies, I don't think this is anything new. I would argue the news is scraping the barrel for stories with this particular article. I have ALWAYS felt left behind, being that I am immoble except on foot. And now I'm finding a lot of my friends in similarly vulnerable positions as mine--also feel as I do. Just some food for thought. You may think the world is passing you by, but things always look grim from the lense of your own struggles. I will definitely remember that, moving forward. Recently I spoke with a woman who was there with me on the night my late fiance was admitted to the hospital. We hadn't seen each other in years, and I don't think at this moment she remembered me, but I remembered her. She asked me a number of pointed questions about my capabilities, and in particular those about making decisions and/or plans for myself. I realized that from my perspective, I am limited in mobility. But AT LEAST I still had my wits about me. At least I can decide, plan, and look forward to travel/mobility in my future! On that day, seeing this woman triggered something in me that I thought I had overcome. I thought I could talk about my past without shedding a tear after nearly a decade. To my surprise, that was not the case. From The Land of No Surprises comes the following article about how easily the unseen is forgotten: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vulnerable-to-covid-high-risk-americans-feel-left-behind/ar-AATYTzS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Hibernation!