The Podcast Episode You Must Listen To!

Hello Lovelies! I am inexusably tardy; my apologies. So much has/has not been going on, and depression/apathy are something I constantly combat. But today I have news!! News I absolutley had to share. Thanks to the generosity of a technically neuro a-typical friend of mine, I've been listening to an elderly version of the Amazon Echo for over a year, with gusto. Dancing in my kitchen, crying unabashed tears of Disney's "Encanto"'s "Dos Oruguitas" (Two Catarpillars), and indulging a fascination with true crime. My favorites being "My Favorite Murder" and "Mr. Ballin Podcast"--for any who might be curious. Today I've been taking a stroll from my normal choices, ending up in art history. I just asked Alexa to play an art history podcast, and "she" plucked the IDEAL podcast out of the void. "Art History for All" is ammazing. While I often have such a problem following podcasts, beause of the hosts' voices, this host's voice is interesting and engaging. I find it very easy to listen to for the episode, and have found she got me obsessed with the subject artist, Diego Rodriguez de Silva Valasquez, a Spanish painter of the 16th Century to the 17th Century in places I visited years ago! Born in Seville, Valasquez died in MMadrid, on the Spanish mainland. The episode follows a wonderful, thoughtful, and intelligent thread. She focuses on a few pieces of Valasquez' art and how they represent the person he probably was, although she admits there's very little that is truly known about the artist. Of particular interest is how artfully the features of Valasquez' subjects are described, and how that hints to neuro-divergence he or his subjects might have had. Also included, however, is a discussion of odern doctors' diagnoses of Valasquez' possible conditions--and I'M in it!! So to speak:) The doctors theories included Cerebral Palsy or Hydrocephalus!!! Talk about your representation:) Also, talk about a delay:( But maybe..just maybe..these three centuries HAD to pass before humanity was ready to handle us:) And that's entirely okay. Better to be represented after 300 years of growth and wisdom than because it's trendy to be inclusive. This episode is additionally resonant with me because I love the Spanish painter El Greco, a Greek ex-patriot in Spain at the same tie, whom his contemporaries dubbed "The Greek". Here's a link to HIS Wikipedia page if you're intereste: dhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Greco. Maybe you can tell by looking at it what appeals to me about Spanish art-- their unique expression of color and light. I have in my home a print by El Greco called "Agony in the Garden" that uses these themes. Might add one of Valasquez's prints after listening to this podcast! Don't worry that the link says this podcast is "for Apple podcasts". You can listen to it where ever you get your podcasts, or just through this coputer! Copy and paste the link into your URL window, and you will be re-directed right to it:) Happy listening! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-28-no-foolin/id1348078374?i=1000540530421

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!