Sleepy...

Gotta love Patsy Cline after a long day:)

There's something about all the bebop/country/classics that makes the heart happy. Especially while I'm suffering through a really allergy-miserable day when I volunteered at our would-be wedding venue.

Now I know you all just braced when you heard that I was at St. Cecelia's Music Center, but don't worry; it's such a nice little building I couldn't stay away forever. And I made a point this time of not going upstairs to the Dexter Ballroom. And to my surprise all the women there knew about me (since I've already called and canceled), and offered their kind, kind condolences. I wasn't there to wallow, anyway. Since I graduated Grand Rapids has begun this extremely fun annual city-wide art awareness program for kids in school all the way up to elderly art lovers looking for something to do, called Art Prize.

Saint Cecelia's was one of the several stations for visual art throughout the city displaying pieces by local artists that people from literally all over the state come to see. Plus with its musical affiliation, Saint Cecelia's has the added bonus of having the perfect excuse to offer lots and lots of audio art as well, and special programs to teach kids music appreciation.

It was at one of these programs that I helped out today, and it was great fun to be back in that familiar old building. Every place that Mikel and I were together makes him seem like he's still there in a way. I feel him almost as much as when I cook with his old, tarnished, endlessly useful utensils:)

Volunteering even ended early, and I got to walk around the sidewalks overhung with swooping tree branches, and treat myself to a little lunch at one of the two cute tavern-style restaurants down the street. It was so cozy--they had little white Christmas lights in the fireplace, and they kept my coffee cup full, which was wonderful for someone whose own coffee maker has rebelled.

The cold Autumn rain and gusty winds came shortly after, and I've seen every indication that they'll continue all weekend. Monday on should be nicer; I'll return with the sun to St. Cecelia's:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!