Like a Boss

Window is leaking:( So far it's just one, and I'm thrilled that it's not more and it's not the one right by the head of my bed! But it represents another problem I'm going to have to solve in this solidly--but rather shoddily--built old house. And it's not even that old, by "house" standards. It was built around 1950, which means it falls into the "modern" category of construction. However, there were clearly some corners cut over the years, which I am now having to deal with!

The house also stood vacant for a number of years, which means God only knows what "evils" befell it at the hands of people with nowhere else to go and nothing to lose:(

Fortunately, my home owner's insurance should cover the cost of repairing the roof to handle the snow melt that is seeping down through the window frame and causing the problem. And before that, an employee of the construction company who are already replacing my windows is going to do an assessment to make sure it's not just a simple fix.

I'm so happy I found these guys! And actually, they found me. My guard was definitely raised as soon as the company representative showed up on my doorstep and started telling me about his company's brilliance in bathroom remodeling. I told him he would just be spinning his wheels with me, but he was persistent and changed the talk to windows.

Since then I've been thoroughly impressed with their customer service and their attention to detail. They must know that winter is the time for concerns about insulation, roofs, bathrooms and windows--'cause their traversing through the neighborhood offering their expertise couldn't have come at a better time for me.

We even hammered out a deal that will help me afford the windows over time, which is something no other company has offered, and I've talked to a few others.

Meanwhile of course there is the issue of the leaking. And the repairman who looked at it today told me my new windows won't even stop it--which was a crushing disappointment. But he's going to do what he can, and if that doesn't work I'll call and speak with home owner's insurance. It's kind of a relief that none of their offices are open today, being Saturday. Now I can just kick back and let what's happening happen, and deal with real life on Monday. Until then, there's a Red Wings hockey game tomorrow afternoon, and the Superbowl, which I always look forward to even though I just barely understand football:) I sincerely hope you all have a great weekend too; Grand Rapids is struggling through this winter like a boss!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!