Tradition

The bus line. What can I say? It only goes just so far:( Then non-drivers have to do some fancy maneuvering to create a back up plan that will take them where they need to go! Especially if you prefer a flip phone and have not given in to the world wide craze of Ubers and Lyfts. But thankfully, in this season of gratitude, there are still cabs in the city. Yes, Amelia, there IS a Santa Claus:) Or at least somebody who watches over me and makes sure I'm doing okay. Coming home from my "holiday" frivolity, it was dark and cool, though not icy cold thank God, and not snowing like a thick, heavy, endless lace curtain was continuously being dropped over everything-as in past years. But I had just spent a long evening on the train, and I was in no mood to walk myself to my apartment, which I could possibly have done, in the day time. Hark the Herald cab company! I've had the number programmed into my phone for the longest time, and with one call, they were at the train station almost immediately:) They aren't ALWAYS so "Johnny on the Spot", but even if I'd had to wait a little while, I was thrilled not to have to trek home. Today I even set up arrangements with them for another thing off the bus line TOMORROW! I hope they know what a blessing they are:) I've been using the same company since I first started living in this town, way back in college at the age of 19...which seems like a lifetime ago. Imagine how many more lifetimes will go by before I stop using them? As long as I don't have to, I'm not jumping on the Uber/Lyft bandwagon. I'm going to single-handedly keep the cabs in business, 'cause I've always got somewhere I need to be, and they always come through:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!