Unpleasantly Hot

Ladies and Gentlemen, Is it odd that I "hermit" in the blazing hot summer?! Afraid to leave my relatively cool apartment. Content to order in and play nature sounds of wind or rain, and let a prescription written weeks ago lapse into oblivion...it doesn't concern me:) Happy to stay in and pay bills online. Well, not HAPPY, but certainly more willing to do that than to risk passing out in this heat!! That's the reason I'm putting off picking up my prescription! It's at a pharmacy that I know keeps its internal temperature WELL below the outside, so as you cross the threshold the fluctuation makes you light-headed. Better not to risk it. And I have a busy couple of days coming up, so I need to conserve energy. And it simply has to rain soon!! Aside from the heat, and the dormant humidity sitting on your skin making the air heavy and the allergens feisty, the pressure differences are ALSO messing with my head, just as badly as anything else:( And I'm not the only one who has these issues! I've learned as of a few years ago that a lot of people have headaches and light-headedness due to pressure changes in the atmosphere. And they do say that shared sorrow (and by extension shared discomfort) is a half sorrow. Hence the value of a blog. And the clouds do feel like they're descending, just a little bit. And my ears are popping. I hope I'm not alone in my desire to shelter in place from this horrible heat. I know it's not even THAT bad. If I were in the western United States, or even just further down the eastern seaboard, I'd be dealing with temperatures in the 90s to 100s, and untold levels of humidity along the coast. So I'll take my Midwestern discomfort over THAT any day of the summer:) I just wish it would really rain:) Cheers, Lovelies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!