"Credo"

Here's another poem of the day! I read it less as a statement of what kind of person the speaker was, than as a call to action. This being Sunday and me being a Christian with a disability, I take that to mean a call to love those who struggle with disabilities of any kind, and help them love themselves. Credo [written in the 1800s] Alfred Kreymborg I sing the will to love: the will that carves the will to live, the will that saps the will to hurt, the will that kills the will to die; the will that made and keeps you warm, the will that points your eyes ahead, the will that makes you give, not get, a give and get that tell us what you are: how much a god, how much a human. I call on you to live the will to love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!