Adaptation in the Mountains

I love every inch of Montana. Having visited and spent time there only sporadically, it has nevertheless touched my soul. The amazing mountains covered with a light dusting of snow the first time I'd come there were green and lush with Autumn the second time. I've gotten to know some of the amazing people who live there, although the second time I couldn't (as I had) ride into the same town I'd been to first. Train routes only go so far during the colder months, which is something I, as a city mouse from the urban Midwest, would never have thought of:) Sadly, I learned last week that Montanans are suffering through a spike in Covid cases, though their growth is mainly under control. Here's the link to my source: https://covidactnow.org/us/mt?s=54069 Given the dire prediction that they might be dealing with this virus' effects for YEARS to come, some of my intrepid Western-state's ingenuity has come to the fore in Missoula. I've never been to that city in particular, but I would expect the very same resourcefulness from the people I met elsewhere:) And it's so uplifting to think that some Montanans with disabilities have the same spirit as I--the "I'll make it work" determination that gets things done. Given the growing list of additional concerns in this country right now--the dismal economy, the Black Lives Matter movement, and the plight of so many less fortunate, lower-income families--this gives me a lot of hope. As a nation, though we struggle, we shall not be vanquished. And neither will the Disabled--as long as a few of us hold on to our strength and determination of character on BOTH sides of the country:) https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/coronavirus/missoula-man-with-disability-adapts-n95-masks-to-work-with-wheelchair/article_edc60c1b-eb20-57cb-a2e4-7a9005fe645e.html?fbclid=IwAR1PllnTSgBuntIWEFM0kwKFTELzFCjkxt_j6NvrgGG2I9SJ9Ne5rwcdbzY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!