Heart Breaker

I've avoided watching this video, which has been in my newsfeed for some time on Facebook. Today I finally made myself, and found it overwhelmingly satisfying from my perspective. We've all got things we're dealing with and many of us by this point have lost loved ones to Covid-19. This guy has taken steps in his own life to cultivate BOTH his physical and his mental health. When i lost my dad several years ago, of those in my household I was the only one who went to grief counseling, and I will never forget the lesson that taught me. We can't just "swallow" a loss, especially not of a family member. Otherwise it is very hard to move on. At the time I also buried myself in anything I could get my hands on about grief or grieving or overcoming loss. I particularly recommend C.S. Lewis' "A Grief Observed", if you are suffering at this time and need some one else to help you take a step back and look at your trauma from the outside. It helps enormously with understanding your emotions. Also uplifting is this young man's ability to focus on work and glean support from co-workers, even though we're all so far apart these days. It speaks to the resiliency of the human spirit, that we can find comfort and familiarity even in a world upside down, and outside support even when we're stuck in our own little worlds. I'm so glad I watched this video today at last, even though it breaks my heart with all he's had to endure. I can only pray he's taking it in stride and learning a lot from it as well, the way grief teaches all of us if we listen. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2455522148040908

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!