Represent!

Happy Monday, Lovelies! Okay; "happy" and "Monday" don't usually "play well together" in a sentence, I'll admit. But today I have a rare exception. The article below addresses the very thing I talked about about a year or two ago--how negatively the Disabled are presented in a world clearly not made for them. A world that would surely prefer them not seen and not heard. Well finally, they're getting seen, AND heard, AND the world is being more or less told to "get used to it." Rather than continue shooing us back behind closed doors. While this article does also include other minorities in its discussion of how the marginalized are being brought out of the margins and given true-to-life representation, it's definitely a start, making the Abled see the Disabled on toy store shelves, if not through well-attended marches just yet:) It made me smile and gave me reason to celebrate on this seconds-from-raining day (as if the approaching cooler weather wasn't enough) so I had to sare! https://www.facebook.com/disabilitynetworkwm/posts/4566227176773400

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!