Telling a story, learning a new role

The "bookmarks" on my internet toolbar tell such a story. Before Mikel died, when we still thought he was going to get over the effects of the stroke, regain his ability to swallow, and he couldn't wait to eat again, I found and bookmarked a website of George Foreman grill recipes for him:) Then, when I realized the feeding tube would need to be more permanent, I privately bookmarked a website on "life after stroke", to help me deal with whatever I had to deal with. A few days later, that bookmark was gone, replaced by the website for the funeral home arranging his memorial (www.memorialalternatives.com) and "Deactivating, Deleting, and Memorializing Accounts" on Facebook.

Nothing can happen 'til there's official notice of Michael's death, and neither can life insurance file a claim! But a death is hard hard for everyone. It forces us all to grow up and learn about things we never imagined we'd need to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!