Forever

President Obama is back. Many of those angry and disenchanted now were just as hopeful and ebullient as those of us who voted for him this year, four years ago! It frustrates me to no end that such a large number of people are so disappointed; what has failed?

But I will not go into a political rant; that was for every day until today. All I know is I drank a little vodka last night to ease myself into sleep, woke up and my first thought when I turned on the TV was "we won, Baby!" I was so excited I almost shrieked! And maybe it is naive. Or maybe I'm being hopelessly optimistic about a future that is doomed to fail. I do not see it that way.

I prefer to think good things will happen, to look at the future as if it will extend far beyond December, 2012, and hope that from here, things can only improve, now that the combat of election season is over. And why shouldn't I? Really, there is no reason to worry. When it comes down to it, America is about Americans-- Barack Obama knows that. With wonderful Americans looking optimistically into a bright future, the country's chances are nothing but brilliant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!