Take them down?!

I bet it's curious for some who have followed this blog to see that most of the pages describing the details of the wedding--location, baker, attendants, etc...are all still up, despite the fact that there never was a wedding. And there could never be one. Maybe it's even stranger that I haven't changed the blog title...I"m certainly no longer having a Celtic wedding, no matter how small or splendid.

And even if nobody has been wondering, it has struck me every time, and I've often thought maybe I should change the title, or at least take down some pages.

But everyone and every detail is still a part of my life. I still keep in touch with everyone, and the things that were going to make it special were part of me and my groom--we wanted to make it as memorable and elegant as possible. After some reflection on the fact that it was going to be on a Wednesday, and knowing that the ballroom at St. Cecelia's is a beautiful space with big windows and a gleaming floor, but also a relatively small area, I wanted to make everyone as comfortable as possible.

That defines me every day. I try to remember to do everything I can to make people at home. When my aunt and grandmother surprised me for my would-be wedding night celebration, I had the house all set up for both of them to stay the night--before I knew about the hotel of course! And I had my little electric fireplace humming along, so the living room was very cozy as we all had a little wine before heading to dinner:)

Come to think of it I may never take down all the little sidebars to this blog. It is what it is because of what was to me an Mikel, and I know he's still as proud of me as ever for keeping it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!