Bend me, shape me...

Hello Lovelies! Had my first physical therapy session yesterday, and I'm very excited about the way it went. The only thing was that the appointment was both emotionally tiring as WELL as physically taxing (I hope I'm not the only one who's felt this way), so rather than dutifully update my readers on how things are in my world yesterday--I took an epic nap. Back on track today though! The exercises the therapist gave me are just tiring enough, though not too much so. And after I do them, my ankles feel more "stretched out" and flexible, which was one of the goals I set during my initial visit! Oh those Mary Free Bed (different-sounding name, excellent facility) doctors:) I'm quite encouraged by yesterday's visit that I'll actually achieve lasting results out of this truncated version of the original several week prescription. And THAT, my friends, is thrilling:) And at first, let me tell you that I surely did not feel like I even deserved to be there! In amongst double amputees and those who could hardly vocalize, not to mention the sweet-faced baby with Hydrocephalus or the "little old ladies" (for lack of a better phrase) with tightened shoulders or arms that gave them trouble to even fully extend:( I felt like an imposter. The actual therapy room put me at ease. Weirdly. In the past those rooms with the padded therapy "tables" that rose up and down, and parallel grab bars where the severely injured re-learned walking or those with very little upper body muscle tone increased their strength through free weights--intimidated me an heightened my anxiety. Yesterday it was like "we're all in this together!" And my problems seemed as legitimate as theirs. Obviously they are anyway, to warrant a prescription for PT at all. But for some one always struggling with low self-esteem and anxiety about every little thing, this self doubt was what was on my mind. Until I got through the initial :)of my own PT, and brought home the exercises to do at home. Now I feel like I've legitimized MYSELF:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!