Settling In

Just a quick check-in, Lovelies! I had a wonderful Christmas, and truly hope all of you did too. Travel was a bit of a bear, of course, but you know how THAT goes:( At least I got a full refund on my train ticket when a cancelled the ride home in favor of a ride! Every time I complete a car trip I feel like the older great-aunt Bethany in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"--"Oh that was fun; I love riding in cars!" And now I have a wonderful weekend to just calm down and recover. Aren't you delighted? I know I am. But wasn't it amazingly warm and beautiful all week?! Almost nobody was wearing a coat. People were out raking leaves! And everyone was SO happy and relieved not to be dealing with ice and snow for a change. Freakin' Midwest. The weather can really make it difficult to live here:( But then out of nowhere, we're given the gift of a Hawaiian Christmas! Mele-kalikimaka, dear readers:) From the looks of the forecast we're in for a sea-change this coming week:( Everyone, now that we're all home safe from our journeys, STAY home. Make hot chocolate, turn up the heat you've let get low these past couple weeks, and let's get through this together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!