Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Good Morning!! We've had steady snow all morning--it was even pretty heavy there for a while; but of course in this urban jungle, very little is sticking. It's still very pretty though, and I appreciate the non-threat to my bald walker tires! Which brings me to what I'm doing later! I finally got myself together enough to schedule a time and a ride to the medical supply place that supplies walkers to eligible patients, of which I am one! This is over a month past when I became eligible, granted, but I figured the longer I waited, the more legitimate my need would seem to the suppliers:) Chalk it up to my overthinking every single thing. And the timing could NOT be better. With this snow and possible ice, I'll need a heavier "vehicle" to navigate the sidewalks. Several of my friends have called it my chariot, which I suppose it is:) I walk behind it, LIKE a chariot. And Lord knows I'm too young for a legitimate "walker" like your grandmother hand. The only difference is that nothing is pulling it! That's probably a good thing though; I couldn't get a very good grip on the handles if my "trusty steed" had a steed in front of it! Although the "jalopy" I'm driving has served me pretty well. Aside from a few mishaps as a result of it being way too light to anchor me when I really needed it for balance, it's gotten me from A to B this summer/fall. Now with Winter's arrival, I can't mess around with a sprightly little strider anymore. Which is why it's fantastic that it's snowing harder now, validating my timing, and adding further urgency to my cause! Surely the folks at Carelinc will appreciate and reward that with a brand new walker later/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!