And I'll Say It Again

Lovelies! It's been so long! I am sharing this for the love of those young people (and myself) with "mild" disability that apparently disqualifies us from sympathy or empathy in a world that metes it out only on a case by devastating case basis, as it sees fit. But I also wanted to add that the opposite reaction can be true-- AMONG those who love the disabled. They fight amongst each other over who is most deserving, and I'm sure those of us who know this is true--REALLY know. We've had to defend ourselves against the ignorant, providing our diagnosis to garner sympathy, or just basic understanding. As if the use of medical terms alone makes a situation more pathetic. How wrong is that, lovelies? Why should I stand there with my walker fighting over the big stall in a bathroom because some other woman without an aid thinks she deserves the room to spread out--more than I deserve to have mobility?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!