Awareness and Association

Spent a lot of time at church today, of course. It's Sunday! Some people would agree with me that Sunday's an obvious day to spend at church. But one reason was to meet with an "ideas committee"--as opposed to um...a conventional committee?...that comes up with ideas for how to improve the lives of disabled congregants. It was a great meeting! I'm proud to be part of the committee, and proud to defer ideas to my OTHER committee within the church. And it's been a wonderful day with the community too; although there WAS another person stretched out on the sidewalk almost as if he owned the street. All I felt was a little guilty to be walking past them to my home. I was so happy with the community today; awash in a local art fest, known as Art Prize, where entrants display their art entries on the street, out among the people, in the glorious sunshine and cool (finally) weather for perusal before voting. I am happy with the yearly (hence forth bi-annually) influx of tourists, and the beauty of my city during this time of year. It's when Fall really begins. And as a bonus, a lot of local restaurant and vendors have specials. I got a great deal AND dinner at Downtown Market, on top of the pleasantness of church. There's something about the services that moves me very deeply every week. And this month I had the added pleasure of helping (I hope) with the Disability Committee, "throwing in my lot" with some very auspicious individuals who have done impressive things for this community. I aspire to maybe become just as auspicious--very gradually--through association:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!