The Injustice Of It All

Visiting the rolling hills and fresh-smelling air of Fennville today was wonderful. For being out in the middle of nowhere, the restaurant and most of the shops were remarkably accessible! I guess we CAN "have nice things", even out in nature. Then I came home and found this on my news feed, and it made me oh so sad. However, I'm buoyed by Elizabeth Warren's attention to the issue; she's a Titan! And as some one coming at life with two disadvantages: being disabled AND a woman, I am so disappointed that this kind of "back door Ableism" still exists quietly within our government, making it almost impossible for any disabled adults to make life worth living on our own. And I wonder, if I HAD been hired, would I have had to "pull a 14C" and demand equal payment? Food for thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!