DASH-ing Through the Streets...

Hello! Today's excitement was trying the free Dash bus service, kind of a "baby" of the Rapid City bus service:) I enjoyed it thoroughly! The seats are squishier (for now), the ride is faster, and you don't need to freak out about how many stops there are before you get off, as I too often do with the actual bus. Best of ALL, there's a stop just steps from my place, and it just traverses the city; it doesn't go all over town. AND, I ended up at Bridge Street Market, which is the much-anticipated version of Meijer that came "downtown" that everybody was SO excited about a year or so ago. And it lives up to the hype, let me tell you! The first time I explored this small version of a super-grocery, I couldn't find an "accessible" entrance. On my own, I was freer to find the ramps and easy turns that led exactly where I wanted to go. And I've learned some things: 1.) Always ask the DASH bus driver where the bus stop will be on your way back, 'cause it WILL be across the street, but they can usually find it. 2.) The accessible entrance is ALWAYS AND ANON around the corner from the "main entrance." The Bridge Street Market one is around the corner to the right, leading into/out of the parking garage--they have their own parking garage!! 3.) They have party trays of vegetables! Which opens a world up to me. I used to think I would never be able to volunteer to bring the munchies for my church's book club, because it would take me too long to get where I was going from my home. And in the house, that certainly would've been true. With the amazing arrival of the Bridge Street Market that solves my EVERY problem...I can go there the night before to get a party tray and refrigerate over night, then take it right up the hill to my church:) Meanwhile I've started preparing for the "snowy, icy winter" that the Farmer's Almanac has been predicting, freezing candy bars aplenty and ordering "snow sneakers" from L.L. Bean, which are wonderful and warm and ankle-supporting! Which means the winter is hardly going to bother my feet at all, for a change:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!