Small Treasures

Tried a new grocery store! And I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It's not one of those enormous box super grocery stores with a million billion varieties and quantities of the same thing. BUT, they do have just the right amount of variety to keep the discerning shopper (particularly one on a fixed income) very happy! I first got word that a new "Meijer" was coming to my area last year, and imagined another mile square, can't-find-anything-because-it's-surrounded-by-everything kind of nightmare monstrosity that is, frankly, everywhere in Grand Rapids. And that's where Shipt comes in very handy...for when I want groceries but refuse to trek a mile and a half through God knows how many different items I DON'T need--just for bread. And I'll be back to the Bridge Street Market! It's an ideal place for a single lady in the city to get her sustenance. Not so much for one with a disability--no accessible entrance on the outside except MAYBE through the parking garage--meaning I'll have to do a ton more walking than Ableds just to get in an out of the cute new market:) But it's really a small price to pay. To top it off, my great friend gave me a bag of fresh-picked cherry tomatoes from her very own garden; the makings of a fantastic salad! Thank you great friend!! Indeed, where would any of us be without them? Parking...was a bit of an issue. But we figured it out for next time. And there WILL be a next time:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!