Morning Happiness

Hello! About to make an important call, but I'm procrastinating by blogging first:) Yesterday was a wonderful welcome home. I got to sleep in just a little in the weird greyish yellow light of my bedroom when the shade is drawn on a partly sunny day, which was DESPERATELY appreciated after my late, late, LATE night arrival. A lot of stretching, doing chores, and general re-acclimation to my normal routine later, I volunteered with the young adults with Autism that I've been involved with since oh....about March. A great time was had by all! And thanks to the blog I'd written about it, the program director knew my "no groceries in the house" plight and took me out to dinner! What a wonderful year it's been. Pretty much since January, when I resolved to not be so self-indulgent (sleeping too much, watching too much Netflix) and finally admitting that I was kind of disappointed with myself. There has definitely been SOME self-indulgence. Who doesn't like watching too much Netflix with a glass of wine now and then? Overall though, this year is proof positive that your life is YOUR responsibility, and everything you make it is likewise "on you." But that's not a bad thing! I've tailor-made my own life to fit limitations AND ambitions. And I haven't even really had to change anything. It's spending all this time with Dutch people from my church:) I've become one of them by association! So I have confidence that if I do get the part time job I'm interviewing for next week, it won't be as scary as I think it is now:) I'll take it in stride like everything else I've encountered. And with my "Dutch" mentality I'll do the very best I can possibly do, and never get discouraged. 'Cause it's a job I wanted, sought out, and deserve. Okay! Thus fortified by my enthusiasm, I'm going to retry that whole "important phone call" thing after I check the weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!