Standing Up

Changed my url address at long last, so thought I'd celebrate with a late night post at the new home. Videos such as these break my heart. I stuggle with the exact same problems as this sweet boy, though not to the same degree. Sometimes it takes me three or four times to successfully rise from a seated position! At church, singing hymns, we are always told to "please stand if you are able." Sometimes they still say "if you are able" before the national anthem at sporting events. So why, Colin Kaepernick, would you ever, as an able-bodied adult, regardless of the cruelties you have no doubt endured as a black man, exercise those same cruelties right back at the disabled community, by casually ignoring THEIR ongoing struggle? It is something that's bothered me for the longest time, and why I can not support, Kaepernick's campaign, though as a similarly marginalized minority I DO understand it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!