Stay Far Away

file:///home/public/FILE_STORAGE/0726181033.jpg Good afternoon, lovelies! Why do Maintenance inspections (routine) always seem to follow a night at The Pyramid Scheme? Makes it harder to get up and out the door before those maintenance guys show up, which is what I always prefer. Luckily though, San Chez Tapas (www.sanchez.biz) came through to revive me. I may not be fresh as a daisy. but I'm sharp as a tack! Kinda. The above image is something I encountered on my way to the library after breakfast, that I encounter way too often in the city. The stairwell without a chain, obscured by the sun in people's eyes. Can't you just imagine how easy it would be to "do a Humpty Dumpty" down those stairs? It's not a great distance, but it would still hurt:( It's gotten to the point where I'm terrified of unblocked stairwells. They agitate my vertigo the way looking down from up above anywhere does; as if I were on an overpass crossing the highway far, far below:( I wonder if these kinds of things afflict others with disabilities? I would certainly imagine so. I learned through bitter experience that I am NOT the only one with vertigo/issues with heights. And I know I'm not the only one bothered by the sun in her eyes, disability or none! So that's my food for thought for the afternoon. As I go about my day avoiding perilous obstacles like the carelessly "unchained steps", enjoy your day as well! And spare a thought for those of us having to navigate around the seen and unseen, safe and unsafe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!