Good News Present and Future!

Hello! Happy New Cousin Day:) This is not a very widely observed holiday:) In fact I and my handful of siblings and First Cousins are the only ones who call it what it is to me:) But I'll have you know, it's been a holiday all day, since about 10:30 this morning! Which means after I give the little family time enough for "Baby Boot Camp"--about four months--I'll be heading back home for some newborn baby smells and cuddles!!! I'm not even worried about the tiny cost, 'cause earlier today I refunded a ticket I had previously purchased for an unrelated family reunion, and got a voucher for future travel in ADDITION to a partial refund:) The Lord provides! Like providing my transportation home to see my new baby cousin once removed is His only job:) Meanwhile, I've been working on my application for the job downtown all day; I plan to print it out and hand deliver it tomorrow. If I MUST, I'll wait another day; the deadline for applications isn't until later. So much excitement! I care about the job, but...a brand new baby is so much more important! At least as far as I can tell. Can you feel me glowing? I'm glowing!! And he's not even MY new baby:) I guess I just can't wait to see pictures of this little wonder to motivate my future travel. Thank Heaven it's only a part time position, right? I don't know when I'd be able to come otherwise. And here's the reason I'm hand delivering the application. First, of course, it's more professional to add a little real-life "face time" with the organization you're trying to join, obviously. Secondly, unlike years ago when applying for jobs, I'm not embarrassed that I'm behind a walker. I'll still wear an outfit that's "on point"--as some of the kids still say these days (when they're not saying "on fleek", which I've never understood.) And somebody sent me an article recently declaring that more members of the Disabled community are actually getting hired these days. So I want them to see the complete package I have to offer. I'm sure we'll be having one-sided conversations, you and I, long before I even apply. But I would appreciate your good juju and positivity:) It's been kind of a while since this girl's applied for a real job, and I'm a little nervous!! I'll just keep the thought of Baby Cousin in my mind and celebrate our future meeting of the minds:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!