Stairs!

Good (almost) afternoon! Still steamy out there, and I am putting off my outdoor obligations as LONG as possible! But fortunately, I talked to a friend enduring the massive HEAT WAVE they're experiencing in Orange County, California right now--last night, and he steeled my resolve to buckle down:) Because if he can take this weather in stride, by gum...I sure can! But I'm still kinda wimpy about it, so no need to rush! Hence, I'm getting in my early blog before I set out. I'd much rather be writing than walking on the gritty, hazy streets anyway. And while we're on that subject, there's something I have to say about it--of course. Another of my friends (a recently arrived local who I met at a UICA event) just got back from an amazing trip to Mexico! She shared with me some of the pictures she took at touristy spots, and one of a sign for Amelia's Panaderia (bakery)! It looks adorable; burned-wood lettering and hand painted embellishments; made me proud "I" have such a charming establishment south of the border. Actually, it's my equally brilliant (I'm sure) name-sister in Mexico but...you get the idea! Man, there were some stairs to climb at one of those sites, though! Thousands of them, close together:( I would have had to "just get the gist" and stay the heck on the entrance level! More power to my friend though, for climbing high enough to capture the immensity of those stairs! Reminded me of a Facebook story I saw recently where a cute little eight-year old sees an older lady struggling to get HER stationary walker up just a few concrete steps, and he drops what he's doing to help her:) They make it, one step at a time! I'm afraid NO ONE could help THIS "old lady" get up the steps in the Mexican hills though. Good Lord. Overall though; I'd say the future of America is in good hands with these kids:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Not Quite Visible

Out of Hibernation!